Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when linking BitBucket to JIRA

Caleb Karlinsky March 29, 2018

I am trying to create an application link from Jira to Bitbucket, but I am getting the following error:

"We couldn't connect to Bitbucket, possibly because that instance is behind a misconfigured proxy."

I have setup JIRA to run over HTTPS via apache and everything is up and running, but the application link. I am able to access bitbucket by the URL directly (https://mybitbucketaddress.com). Please advise.

2 answers

0 votes
Prasanth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

Hey Caleb,

If you are running Bitbucket behind a reverse proxy, please make sure you have the proxy information added in your server.xml of Bitbucket. Please see Reverse Proxy and Application Link Troubleshooting Guide for details.

Regards,

Prasanth - Atlassian

Caleb Karlinsky April 4, 2018

Hello Prasanth,

I already had done that (in our version of bitbucket it is using a hidden file called default-server.xml) with the configuration looking like the following:

<Connector port="7990" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
connectionTimeout="20000"
useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
redirectPort="443"
compression="on"
compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/plain,text/css,application/json,application/javascript,application/x-javascript"
secure="true"
scheme="https"
proxyName="MyBitbucketAddress.com"
proxyPort="443"

Furthermore we are using version 4.10.1 so bitbucket.properties is not an option yet.

The one piece that is different between my JIRA/Confluence config files and the Bitbucket one is the Secure="True" section. I do not have this value in JIRA and Confluence, but the Bitbucket documentation explicitly stated to add this property. Should this be left in there?

Prasanth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2018

Celeb,

I am not sure about default-server.xml. Probably that explains why it is not working. You should see server.xml in BITBUCKET_INSTALLATION/conf and the change need to be done there.

we recommend using secure="true", especially when you have a reverse-proxy and SSL terminates on proxy.

Prasanth - Atlassian

Caleb Karlinsky April 11, 2018

I do not have a file in that location called server.xml, only the default-server.xml. Could this be because I am using a starter version of Bitbucket?

Caleb Karlinsky April 17, 2018

Hello I just wanted to follow up on this as I still have not been able to resolve. Any more advice?

0 votes
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2018

Hi Caleb,

Add JIRA's SSL cert to Bitbucket's JVM and vice versa. 

Connecting to SSL services

What version of Bitbucket are you running?

You may want to look into bitbucket.properties configurations

Migrate server.xml customizations to bitbucket.properties

Caleb Karlinsky April 2, 2018

Edwin,

Thanks for the response!

JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket are all running from the same server with an Apache reverse proxy. The Bitbucket version is 4.10.1.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events