Error saving avatar

Matt September 28, 2017

In bitbucket server, When I click on the save button after uploading a new avatar for a project, I get the following error:

The data URI provided to supply avatar data is invalid. The data URI is required to contain Base64-encoded image data, and may not use "URL-safe" encoding.

Does anyone know how to resolve this error?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matt November 1, 2017

This ended up being a firewall issue within my company's network. One they opened it up I was able to save the avatar.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

Try opening the image in something like Preview.app, and re-exporting it. It may just have something weird in the encoding which Bitbucket can't handle.

Matt September 28, 2017

I get this with any image I try to use.  I just tried taking one of the images and pasting it into MS Paint and saving as a simple jpg and I still get this error.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

Do you have a proxy in front of Bitbucket? It may be misconfigured and could be breaking the request. Though honestly I am mostly guessing on this one.

Matt September 28, 2017

Yes I do have a proxy in front of it, but the rest of the site has been functioning correctly.  Not sure if there's an additional change that needs to be made specifically for uploading/saving avatars or not.

Matt October 2, 2017

Any suggestions?

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2017

Not off the top of my head. I would need to start digging into local logs to figure it out further. Have you tried reaching out to Atlassian Support?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events