Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "You don't have permission to create a repository" when creating Bitbucket repo from Jira

Diego August 4, 2021

Hi there,

I'm getting the error "You don't have permission to create a repository" when creating Bitbucket repo from Jira.

We don't host our bitbucket or jira instances and thus probably the solutions mentioned on the link below don't apply - if they do apply, could you please let me know how run the SQL if the servers are not mine?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/you-do-not-have-permission-to-create-a-repository-within-the-project-779171232.html

I'm admin/owner of both Jira and Bitbucket and don't know why this is happening - it was working fine until yesterday although I remember having changed some permissions on Jira; I've tried to revert from memory but couldn't get it done.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2021

Hi, @Diego

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

In order to further investigate this issue, I will need some additional details. Could you please:

• Share the exact steps you took to reproduce the problem?

• Confirm that the "View development tools" permission on the Jira project is enabled for you? (Project settings > Permissions)

• Confirm that the account you are using on Jira is exactly the same account you are using on Bitbucket? And are you able to create repositories directly on Bitbucket?

Thank you! 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events