End to end CI setup for a small project.

satishkamuju August 27, 2015

Hi there,

I am completely new to this Atlassian suit.

I am planning to implement end to end CI for a small project.

We wanted to have

• Stash as Version control system. (Wanted to use GIT and found stash will support git.)
  • Crucible as code review system.
  • Bamboo as CI tool for builds
  • JIRA as bug tracking tool.

Can someone let me know if this combination will work. ?

Most precisely i want to know is there a way to couple these 4 tools together to accomplish my  integration process.

Thanks in advance.

- Satish.

3 answers

0 votes
TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2015

Hi Satish,

As the others mentioned, those applications all integrate well together. I just had one other piece of advice I wanted to share.

If you're adopting Git as your version control system, you may want to try out Stash's "pull request" feature for code review before implementing Crucible. Crucible has a couple of extra features that some teams need, but many can get away with just Stash for both Git hosting and code review. If you're new to Git (and pull requests) you may find some of the workflow guidance at Atlassian's Git microsite to be useful.

cheers,

Tim

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2015

Hello Satish,

There is good tutorial to install and link together set of Atlassian tools: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ATLAS/Here+Be+Dragons

0 votes
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2015

Yes, it will work and you can use the Application Link plugin bundled with the applications to connect them all. Check the link below for more details:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/APPLINKS/Application+Links+User+Guide

Cheers!
Teilor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events