Enable gitflow for Bitbucket

InnocentSpirit April 7, 2016

Hi,

How do i enable Bitbucket repos to follow gitflow? Is there an equivalent of "git flow init" on the Bitbucket GUI?

Any help in the right direction appreciated.

Regards,

InnocentSpirit

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2016

I'm not sure what you want to accomplish by saying "Enable Gitflow". As per my understanding, Gitflow is a workflow that your team can follow as your SCM guideline. It's not something configurable, it's something you and your developers do through out your development. Atlassian have created a very good documentation about this on the link below.

https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/comparing-workflows/

Some part of this may need some add-ons or tweaking branch permissions and that's it. I think that's the "Enable" part you are talking about here.

InnocentSpirit April 7, 2016

Thanks Gabrielle. Wanted to confirm that I'm not missing anything obvious as I'm new to Bitbucket.....but have used Gitflow on git repo on Linux without any layer like Bitbucket on top. 

Like CesarAndradeANFQ likes this
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2016

No problem Innocent Spirit! smile

Mark May 6, 2020

According to the tutorial, you need to install a plugin in order to enable GitFlow.  "The git-flow toolset is an actual command line tool that has an installation process." Without this toolset, you and your team require good knowledge on SCM and all Git command line.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events