Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification when a user is added to Bitbucket

ANKITA BARBI October 23, 2017

when a user is added to Bitbucket account, can a person get email notification that someone is being added to bitbucket?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2017

Hi Ankita! Are you referring to a Bitbucket user that is getting added to a team account?

In Bitbucket, you don't get notifications when a user is granted access to your Bitbucket team or your repo. You can check the kind of notifications you get at Manage email notifications.

If you meant something different, please clarify so we can continue helping you :)

Cheers,

Ana

ANKITA BARBI October 24, 2017

Hi Ana, 

Thank you for the reply. But how will I get to know that the person whom access is granted is a team member or not? Say I have a team and 10 people are ideally there and someone adds his personal account to the team then being an admin how can I make out who is outsider and who is a team member.

Your support is highly appreciated.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2017

Hi Ankita, once you start typing the username you'll see the badge "TEAM MATE" next to his name.

If you're the admin of the team, only you can add users to the Team account, they won't be able to add themselves to the team, so you'll always be in control of which users can access.

If you're having some other issue, please clarify a bit more so be can continue helping you :)

Hope that helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events