Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account deleted

carolina December 28, 2017

Hi!!! I need some help

When I set up my account I used the schools email. After the school ends they close the account so now I can´t have access to my bitbucket account.

Does someone know how can I access to all my info and switch the email?

Thanks,

Carol

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2018

Hi Carolina! Can you try if you're still able to log in to Bitbucket using your school's email address? In that case, it would just be a matter of navigating to your avatar (on the bottom left corner) > Bitbucket settings > Account settings and click on Atlassian account. You can replace your current email address for a different one. 

Let us know if you need further assistance!

Best regards,

Ana

carolina January 9, 2018

Hi Ana, Thanks but it's not possible because the email account it's deleted so I can't switch email account without verifying.

If there is another way..

Regards,

Carol

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2018

Hi Carol! I've checked your bitbucket account and I saw that you don't have 2 step verification enabled so I'm afraid there's no way you'll be able to recover your account, as your old email address is the only way we currently have to verify your identity.

What you can do (if you can still access is) is to create a new Bitbucket account and transfer all your repos to the new one, as you don't need to verify your old email address for this.

Would that work?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events