Elasticsearch access denied

Damian Slater May 18, 2016

After upgrading our stash instance to the latest version of Bitbucket server we received the new code search functionality and everyone in the team was happy! We then migrated our database from MySQL to MS SQL and moved our server from Centos to windows server 2012 (in that order).  Search is now not working (sad) and when clicking on test in the search settings we are getting "Access to Elasticsearch was denied. Check username and password.".

We've checked the obvious things like firewall etc.. any ideas?

4 answers

0 votes
Deleted user October 27, 2017

I came across this and later found an answer. 

My port 7992 was stuck to an old process. I checked by typing the following command in (Linux) while bitbucket was turned off:

netstat -tlp

In the right column, it will list the process ID (PID). It needs to get stopped/killed. DON'T DO WHILE BITBUCKET IS RUNNING.

kill -9 [PID]

ex. kill -9 3792

Now start up bitbucket again and your good to go.

Enjoy,
Ben

0 votes
Daniel June 5, 2016

I have the same problem. I found some config parameters in elasticsearch\config-template\buckler\buckler.yml but if I use the credentials configured there, access isn't granted.

SW December 28, 2017

Did you found solution ?

0 votes
Damian Slater May 22, 2016

Thanks, opened a support ticket on Friday smile

0 votes
Adam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2016

I can't help you unfortunately, but I'd suggest opening an issue at support.atlassian.com. They might be able to look at logs form your instance and see if anything pops up. Good luck!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events