Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easier access to Editor

Philip Ross July 2, 2015

Hi. I was really hoping I'd be able to use the Editor in order to do really quick changes to code in existing pull requests. There appears to be no way to access the Editor from that view. So then I thought, fine, I have to go to view full source, but I can still edit there. Well, when I edit there and commit, it doesn't appear to actually commit to the branch I was on, but makes another branch off of it. That workflow obviates what I had hoped to use the tool for. Is there something that I either don't see, or any plans in the future for this? Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Mohammed Davoodi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2015

Hey Philip,

We tracked this down to a bug where if you switched branches through the source view, direct committing would not work. Its fixed in release 1.4.1. Check it out and let us know if it works for you.

In regards to editing a file in the pull request view, this is a highly requested feature and is on our road-map. You can keep track of it here.

Thanks,

Mohammed

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events