Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Downloads' section storage limit?

Justin_Doe August 1, 2017

I'm considering storing binaries of my repos in their 'Downloads' section. Does anyone know if there is a limit to how big a file can be and how much we can store in the 'Downloads' section? I've searched and can't find anything that indicates a limit - I just want to be sure before I start packing things into the 'Downloads' section. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2017

Hi Justin! The downloading archive must be no larger than 2GB. This is documented at What kind of limits do you have?

Hope this helps :)

Ana

Justin_Doe October 2, 2017

Hi Ana, could you clarify something for me? It sounds like files in the 'Downloads' section cannot exceed 2GB, but can the entirety of the 'Downloads' section exceed 2GB? 

For example, would it be possible to store 10 zip files in the 'Downloads' section, each with a size of 1GB (10GB total)?

Also, I've been trying to upload a zip file with a size of 650MB but the upload page always times out on me - do you know a way to circumvent this?

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2017

Hi Justin, 2GB is the maximum size allowed for an individual file. The whole Download section can exceed that number.

Regarding your last question, looks like that is a bug on our side, any file above 250MB will not work, even though our limit is higher. We're tracking this issue at Unable to upload large files in Downloads. Feel free to comment on it and watch it to receive further notifications.

Cheers!

Ana

Justin_Doe October 10, 2017

Thanks for the update. I'll keep watch on the issue. 

ingconti June 25, 2020

as per June 2020 I CANNOT upload a file fo 550MB

Like thekswenson likes this
thekswenson July 9, 2020

I have a 255 MB file that will not upload. Each time I get the error:

upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection termination
timetraveller1992 July 26, 2020

@thekswenson I faced the same issue while pushing a file to the Download section. So instead, I used a cURL request using Bitbucket's API to achieve the same and the error didn't occur. The steps are lengthy:

1. Head to your bitbucket, click on your profile image and select All Workspaces. Select the workspace having the repo where you want to upload the file to.

2. On the sidemenu, click Settings, then select OAuth Consumers. Create a consumer with any name, you can fill callback URL as any bitbucket URL, and scroll to the bottom and ensure Write permission is ticked under repositories. The page will save and then show the client ID and client key.

3. Next, I opened the Postman app since it's easier to get the OAuth token thro' it. Click on new request tab, select the Authorization tab, and then select OAuth 2.0 under the type dropdown. Now press Get Access Token, select Implicit Grant from the dropdown and fill in Auth URL as https://bitbucket.org/site/oauth2/authorize, the same callback URL you filled in step 2 (It used my workspace URL) and client ID as the one you got from the 2nd step. Scope should be 'repository:write' and hit request token. It will return a token to you, which you can now use for your cURL request.

4. Simply open a terminal and then paste the cURL request as:

curl --verbose --location --request POST 'https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/<workspace-name>/<repo-name>/downloads' --header 'Authorization: Bearer <token-goes-here>' -F files=@upload.zip && say done

So you have to cd into the folder where your upload.zip file exists and then run that command after filling the workspace name, repo name and token in the placeholders as shown above.

You don't really need the && say done bit in the end. I added that coz I went to make coffee and wanted my mac to shout 'done' when it's complete.

Like nimoatwoodway likes this
nimoatwoodway March 11, 2021

Many thanks! Saved my day!

0 votes
nimoatwoodway March 11, 2021

Would be great if this could be fixed since the workaround is really not that easy :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events