Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download specific version of single file from Stash

Deleted user March 30, 2015

Hi,

I'm struggling to download a specific version of a file via Stash (and HTTPS) - specific as in: I have the file hash (not commit hash).

I tried git archive but I either got the syntax wrong or it doesn't seem to be supported.

I need the specific version of the file because I have to diff it against a modified version based on that version.

1 answer

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2015

On the browse pages of the Stash web interface, you can download old versions of files. If this file does not have very many versions, you could get all of them and see which one has the right hash value. (Alternatively, do the same from the history window of a GUI client.)

Deleted user March 30, 2015

There will be many versions of that file, each build will generate one. I must be able to find the correlating file automatically (ideally without having to have a local repository - otherwise I could just use git show for that). I'm using the ident attribute with that file, so I have the exact hash as git is using. I want to use that hash to get the file as directly as possible, without the need for a local repository.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events