cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download private repository in a docker container in bitbucket pipelines

Ruben Docter March 23, 2020

I am running the following script in a pipeline:

script:
- docker run --rm -v $BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR/app-src:/var/www my_image:latest composer install

As you can see it runs a `composer install`. This works. But the composer.json also contains some private repositories. To be able to install these private repositories. The container inside bitbucket pipelines needs to have access to ssh in the container.

I have tried a lot things, but constantly it can't get the ssh settings of the host in the container.

Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

The message I have is "Host Key Verification failed". But after that it will probably complain about credentials.

I have tried to run ssh-agent inside bitbucket pipelines. But doing:

script:
- eval "$(ssh-agent -a $BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR/agent.sock -s)"
- ssh-add

doesn't work, because it probably can't read the  ~/.ssh dir.

1 answer

0 votes
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2020

@Ruben Docter yes, I suppose you're right it does not have access to such dir.

But I can propose you more safe solution - you can generate your own keypair in repository ssh keys and even allow bitbucket to generate that , but after you need to add authorized key to your instance.

Look at the doc here and find there in the end how to configure ssh keys in repository  https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/variables-and-secrets/

and after you can use private key setup in the pipeline (it will also shared to docker image) to have ssh access to your repos.

ALso consider that ssh pub key that will be generated need to be added to bitbucket account settings of the user who has access to your repositories (it may be your account settings or some other person)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events