Does the bitbucket POST service warning also count for DVCS plugins

Derk-Jan Hartman September 1, 2015

The Bitbucket repo's Services tab lists the following warning:

In the future, you will not be able to create POST or Pull Request POST services from this screen, as Bitbucket's new and improved webhooks will replace these services. Existing POST services will continue to function as expected for now. To create a new webhook, refer to the documentation for Bitbucket's updated webhooks .

I have only one POST service for my repo's, and they are JIRA DVCS auto generated ones. Now I guess that "from this screen" might mean it won't affect the DVCS plugin just yet, but it does have me slightly concerned. 

I'm guessing the 2.0 version of the JIRA DVCS plugin has been updated to use web hooks instead ? Unfortunately I'm on the 1.4.3 version because due to various organizational reasons I'm not able to upgrade this instance to a newer version of JIRA.

I'm wondering if I need to start worrying about this older DVCS plugin not working within the next few months. Will there be an announcement of such a thing, and where will that announcement be made ? I want to make sure I'm not gonna miss such a thing.

1 answer

0 votes
Gary
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2015

Hi Derk,

DVCS links should be part of https://bitbucket.org/account/repo/admin/links.  The services tab will be going away, but not for a good 6 months at the minimum.  

Cheers,
Gary 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events