Does stopping the Stash service wait for current transactions to finish?

Mike McGuire January 16, 2015

Does stopping the Stash service wait for current transactions to finish?  If not, is there a way to manually put Stash into maintenance mode (such as when the backup client is run)?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2015

Hi Mike,

No you don't need to worry about operations being executed prior to stopping start service. The maintenance mode only intends to wait for eventual connections to the database from plugins, for example, exactly to keep this consistency. This is only applicable to the backup scenario where you want to have minimum downtime before backing up your data.

When you're stopping Stash, all this is taken care for you and you don't need any additional step but stopping start service.

Best regards,
Thiago Bomfim

0 votes
Mike McGuire January 21, 2015

I exactly intend not to screw up my Stash production instance and to reduce the chance of interferrence for my users.

My concern is if there is any risk to stopping the Stash service (Windows).  What if a user is in the middle of pushing a large branch to Stash and the service is stopped right in the middle of it.  Will the service stop in a friendly manner and allow the push to fully complete before stopping?

The reason that I asked about maintenance mode is that the documentation says that it will wait for operations to complete.  If stopping the service does not do the same, then I could potentially want to put Stash into maintenance mode before stopping the service just to be safe.

Thanks,

Mike

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2015

Hi Mike,

What exactly do you intend to do? We've published how to put Stash on maintenance mode on the article below:

Best regards,
Thiago Bomfim

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events