Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does stash provide any mainteance for the git repos (gc/fsck/etc)?

Garret Pick December 4, 2012

Hello,

We are evaluating stash and have used git internally for a few years. Currently, we have some automation that runs

git gc --auto

and

git fsck --strict

to maintain/optimize our repos. Does stash provide anything like or does Atlassian have any recommendations?

Are the actual *.git directories available on the stash server for running commands like this?

thanks,

Garret

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2012

Hi Garret,

Check out this plugin I wrote just a couple of days ago - it allows you to trigger GC either from rest or from the UI.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.stash.plugin.stash-git-ops-plugin

It doesn't have support for triggering fsck, but I could add that in if you need it. How would you expect that to run?

Seb

Alternatively yes, you can log into the Stash instance and run the commands yourself. The repositories' bare clones are stored in the STASH_HOME directory.

Garret Pick December 4, 2012

Thanks Seb - I'll check out the plugin. I need to upgrade to stash 2.0 first :)

We just run fsck as mentioned above on a weekly basis.

2 votes
Roger Barnes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2015

We're planning on retiring the ops plugin in the near future. Stash automatically takes care of periodic garbage collection and optimisation, so you don't have to.

0 votes
Philippe Jandot October 19, 2014

Hello

I've installed the plugin on Stash 3.2.1 and I got "HTTP Status 400 - HTTP method POST is not supported by this URL" when I click on trigger gc ...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events