Does line-by-line source revision display require FishEye?

Chris Pousset July 18, 2017

At my new employer, we use BitBucket, but previously I'd used FishEye.  One feature I found useful was a source listing having each line annotated with information about the most recent check-in for that line.  This allowed users to see when, for example, a new method was added to a class.  IIRC, the left column had a color-coded revision number, and hovering the cursor over it displayed a thumbnail description of the check-in.

Does BitBucket have this (or a similar) feature?  The version-to-version diffs are useful, but orthogonal to this use case.

1 answer

1 vote
jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2017

I think the view you're looking for is "blame". You can find this in the Bitbucket Cloud UI in the source view for a particular file - there's a "Blame" button in the upper-right.

You can see a pretty good example of the blame view here, on a Makefile in the Linux kernel source:

https://bitbucket.org/mirror/linux/annotate/master/net/ipv6/Makefile

The commit number in the left column is a link to that specific commit, instead of a thumbnail, but otherwise that sounds very much like what you're asking for.

Chris Pousset July 18, 2017

Perfect!  That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events