Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does bitbucket pipelines support parallelization

TheRealJimbo November 23, 2017

I want to run my (selenium) tests in parallel so that I can run the same tests against different browsers. How would I accomplish that?

2 answers

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2017

Hi Jim, do you mean running Selenium inside Bitbucket Pipelines? This is possible and in fact we test bitbucket pipelines itself in this way. This would be considered an advanced setup and there's not a lot of documentation around it.

For the best experience, we'd recommend using one of our partners like Browserstack; they even have a repo ready to go https://bitbucket.org/browserstack/bitbucket-pipelines.

Hope that helps!

Ana

TheRealJimbo November 24, 2017

Hi @Ana Retamal!

Thanks for replying.

Actually, so are we - but we use SauceLabs. :)

But what I want to do is to be able to kick off concurrent runs, like so (in pseudo code):

Run tests on SauceLabs against Firefox

Run tests on SauceLabs against Chrome

Those two steps should happen concurrently, instead of in sequence. Mainly to save time.

I can solve it using a script and spawning child-processes, but it would be a better solution if the pipelines supported it (like for instance GOCD does).

Hope that makes my question clearer. :)

Cheers

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2017

Hi Jim! I've talked to one of my colleagues from the Pipelines team and he told me that, currently, we have no built in support for running tests in parallel. We have a Feature request for that and you can vote for it at Allow optional concurrent parallel script.

Let us know if you have any other questions :)

Regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events