Does anyone has any idea how long it takes to reset 2FA for Bitbucket access?

Jose Guerrero January 11, 2022

I have asked to restart my 2FA for Bitbucket but has not got a response yet. Does anyone know how long it might take?

2 answers

1 vote
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2022

Hi, Jose! 

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community.

In order to reset your 2sv, you can follow this process:

• when you are trying to log in and the system asks you to inform your code, you are going to see a window like this: 

2sv.png

• Select the "Forgot code?" option and you are going to be redirected to another page; 

• Select “Send recovery email";v

• The system will send you the first email with instructions; 

•  After 24 hours, Bitbucket will send you an email with a one-time login to provide you access to your account. The 24-hour waiting period is a necessary security measure to prevent an unauthorized person from gaining access to and exploiting your account.

I see you have already initiated this process, so you will receive the second email after the waiting period. 

Please feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

Hi @Jose Guerrero 

Welcome to the community 🙂

May I know how you have reset the 2FA Option?

Hi @Pramodh M I have not reset it. I have asked to the bitbucket team to do that, but I have not got a response yet.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

You may need to provide the proof to prove the account is yours and you will get a response!!

Sorry I dont quite follow. Could you be a bit more specific please? ...  This is my request to do the reset of my account "CA-1647077" but I have not been asked to do anything else actually. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events