Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anybody know how to revert a commit on the bitbucket website?

Shadowblitz16 March 23, 2019

Does anybody know how to revert a commit on the bitbucket website?

I don't like using the command line because whenever I use it I usually end up messaging up my local or remote repo.

I came across something called strip commit in the settings tab but I don't have it for some reason.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2019

Hello,

If you’re wanting to remove/revoke or undo a commit then you will have to use git to complete this action. While using the UI does simplify the process, Bitbucket sits atop of git, git being the control for all of your commits you’ve made.

The good news is that there are extensive guides to show you how to walk through and complete these types of actions. We would suggest reviewing these guides to complete the revert of your commits.

I hope these guides prove helpful and you’re able to revert your unwanted commits.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Shadowblitz16 April 3, 2019

Can you add the feature to allow directly modifying, renaming, deleting and adding commits through the ui? 

It would be a permission that was given to contributors by the creator of the repo

Like zhernosekim likes this
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2019

Hello again,

Within Bitbucket cloud you’re able to create new files, make changes and rename files all within the UI itself, along with being able to do this within git. There is a video tutorial which walks through this process. You may find the tutorial at How to: Quickly add, edit, and clone a file in Bitbucket Cloud. Along with further information on the git methods: Add, edit, and commit to source files.

I hope this will help with using Bitbucket cloud and assist with getting the work done that you need.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events