Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Stash write a log entry when someone does a git push --force?

Mike Lange March 24, 2014

We've got a dev team that is claiming that Stash lost a bunch of commits that they did over a two week period. My guess is that someone did a push --force as they didn't have the pre-receive hook enabled on their repo.

To confirm that theory is there a Stash logfile entry that I can search for that is specific to pushes that are forced?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Larry Shatzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

I started work on a plugin that would add audit records about force pushes, but got busy with other things. I hope to get some free time to get back to working on it.

In the meantime, you can vote for STASH-4204

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately not. If you're using 2.11 we've started to record those pushes in the database by default (to be surfaced in a later version with any luck). The table in question is sta_repo_push_activity if that helps?

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
Mike Lange March 24, 2014

We're running 2.11 now, but I think we upgraded AFTER the force push in question. I'll check.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events