Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does JIRA support a post-pull hook?

Jeromy French September 10, 2014

TL;DR:

"Unconnected laptops A and B execute commits, then push/pull code to/from USB drive, then connected machine C pulls synch'ed code from USB drive. Only machine C has access to JIRA. Since there is no commit on C, is there a way to use a post pull hook on C to process Jira issues?"

Details

Our development team performs in a challenging nearly-network-free development environment (think "secure location"). We take advantage of Git's distributed set up to provide version control to each of the developers–though even this wouldn't be possible without the use of a USB drive! (Each developer has a stand-alone environment on his/her laptop; commits are executed locally and pushed/pulled to a Git `remote` which maps to the USB drive. It's nuts.)

I see that it's possible to integrate Git with JIRA via a post-commit hook. In our case, the individual developers cannot "see" JIRA. But it's possible our USB drive, with its full repository history goodness, would be able to.

Is there some sort of post-pull hook, or other mechanism, that would allow developers to process batches of commits and therefor process the smart commits contained therein?

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user September 10, 2014

At what point are those USB drives reconciled and integrated with each other into some shared location? I think that may be the point when a JIRA integration could take place.

You could install local hooks to validate the commits as they're pushed to the USB drive, but without connectivity to JIRA I'm not sure you could do any post-push processing at that time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events