Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Bitbucket have anything similar to TC Service Messages or GH Pipeline Commands

Michael Clayton March 25, 2022

Hi,

I'm looking at consolidating a bunch of fragmented CI processes from other SCM / CI platforms into Bitbucket cloud Pipelines.

Does Bitbucket have anything similar to TeamCity Service Messages or GitHub Workflow Commands that parses build logs for specially formatted stdout / log output that can be used to control build behaviour? I've not been able to find any documentation, but maybe I'm missing something.

A simple example would be calculating and updating the current build number with a TeamCity Service Message, or setting the build to "failed", but I'm interested in whether there's any documentation for a general feature rather than trying to solve these specific examples...

Thanks,

Mike

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2022

Hi Mike,

I'm afraid that we don't have something similar in Bitbucket Pipelines.

For the specific examples you mentioned:

- a pipelines build's number cannot be modified

- a pipelines build will fail if a command exits with a non-zero code, so you can force a build to fail with an if statement that returns a non-zero exit code if a condition is not met

You would need to do the parsing yourself though.

If there are some other specific examples/actions that you're interested in, please feel free to let us know, as there might be another way to achieve them.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events