Does Bitbucket Wiki Support LFS

jackalsin April 11, 2021

Hi Atlassian,

May I ask if the BitBucket supports git LFS

3 answers

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2021

Hi @jackalsin ,

I'm afraid that Git LFS is not supported for Bitbucket wikis, it can only be used in the main repositories (not the wiki ones).

I can raise a feature request in our public issue tracker to add support for Git LFS in wikis as well, for our development team to consider. Please feel free to let me know if you'd like me to do that.

Kind regards,
Theodora

jackalsin April 14, 2021

Thanks a lot. It would be great if you can do that. :) 

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2021

Hi @jackalsin ,

Of course, and my apologies for the late reply.

I went ahead and created a feature request in our issue tracker:

I would suggest that you add your vote in that feature request (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here  and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

Please feel free to let me know if you need anything further!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like G subramanyam likes this
0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

Hi @jackalsin thank you for sharing the screen shot.

I couldn't replicate the scenario, however this link says switching "SSL from HTTP" has resolved the error. May I know if that works for you!

jackalsin April 12, 2021

I couldn't replicate the scenario, 

Does it mean you have tried to create a wiki with LFS enabled? Are you able to check the remote url?

How did you set it up?

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2021

Hi @jackalsin one of my friends works actively on Bitbucket. I requested him to try his hands at creating Wiki or replicate the scenario, but couldn't succeed. So, at this moment, I don't have definite steps to address your query.

Let's wait for other leader's or Bitbucket users who might assist you.

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2021

Hi @jackalsin welcome to the Atlassian community forum.

To answer your question "YES", Bitbucket supports Large File Storage extension for git.

To know more about the details, please check this link 

Stay safe and stay healthy.

jackalsin April 11, 2021

HI @G subramanyam , 

Thanks for the quick reply.  I do understand the bitbucket repo supports LFS, what I am asking is whether the Wiki in the repo supports LFS. I set up the lfs locally, but when I do a `git push`, it threw the following error:

Uploading LFS objects: 0% (0/3), 0 B | 0 B/s, done.
batch response: Repository or object not found: https://<username>@bitbucket.org/<username>/<repo_name>.git/wiki.git/info/lfs/objects/batch
Check that it exists and that you have proper access to it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events