Does BitBucket pipeline support the microsoft/dotnet-framework image?

floriantreier May 30, 2017

Hi,

I have a dontet (not core) project for which I would like to run unit tests via BitBucket pipeline. I have seen that Docker provides the microsoft/dotnet-framework images, but I cannot get to run them. I always get the error "unknown blob" before the first command is executed. My question now is there any support for the full dotnet-framework images and if so, any further information on how to use them?

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
xtjhin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2017

Hi Florian,

Pipelines currently does not support building in Windows containers which the .Net framework is one of. It currently isn't possible to build full .Net framework in Pipelines.

floriantreier June 5, 2017

Hi Joshua

Thanks for your answer, even thou, it is not the one I was hoping for...

Do you know if there are any plans to support full .Net framework in pipelines in the feature?

xtjhin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2017

We've been keeping an eye on the development of Windows containers however our last investigation indicated that it wasn't ready to be run on our infrastructure (Kubernetes).

Unfortunately I can't give a timeframe but for updates, please vote/watch this feature request https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/13452/support-docker-running-in-windows

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events