Do extra build minutes expire?

mrodriguez86 November 10, 2017

In our team we have Free plan (we are just 2), but some months pipelines build minutes are not enough for us, so we are considering buying extra minutes.

If we buy the 1000 minutes extra for 10$, after the billing month ends those minutes we have bought are kept until we consume them or they are reset?

We are a very small team and with 1000 minutes we can work for some months.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2017

Hi Marta! The minutes are always reset at the beginning of the month, this means that even if you had extra minutes remaining they'll be reset back to 0, it's not possible to carry them forward. 

Let us know if you have any questions!

Best regards,

Ana

dimo414 February 8, 2018

Sorry, by "the minutes" you mean the 1,000 paid-for minutes, not the 50 free minutes per-month, is that right? Nowhere in the Plans and billing document is that limitation mentioned. In fact the opposite (that the 1,000 minutes do not expire) is implied by "we'll automatically charge you $10 for additional 1,000 build minutes and $10 / month for additional 100 GB file storage". The use of "$10" vs. "$10 / month" suggests the hours are not limited to the month they're purchased in.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2018

Hi Michael, I've just contacted the Billing team and they confirmed that the additional minutes will NOT roll over, all the minutes expire at the end of the month. I've sent them your concerns and they'll update the article to make it more clear.

Let us know if you have any other questions, 

Ana

Ashley Flynn June 13, 2018

So if I use 51 minutes in a month you are charging me $10 for 1 minute of build time. 

Is that correct? Because it sounds like a bit of a raw deal for your paying customers

Like # people like this
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
June 14, 2018

Hi @Ashley Flynn! Once you use the first 50 minutes we give you for free, you'll have to get extra minutes should you need them. You can obtain 1000 minutes for $10, you're buying the whole package so it's the same price regardless if you use all of them or not.

Hope this clarifies!

Best regards,

Ana

Ledion Bitincka August 24, 2018

Hmm that seems like a pretty bad deal from the customer side - just experience a good chunk of minutes expire on us. At the very least, how the product is marketed/described/sold is not correct. I'm a bit disappointed at Atlassian on this one, who's otherwise fairer in billings. My suggestions would be for the minutes to either not expire OR offer smaller packages to avoid wastage.

Like Michael Bates likes this
Josef Seibl September 11, 2018

@Ledion Bitincka@dimo414, I've run into the same issue.

The plan details page is still misleading.

The phrasing still implies that you "get 1000 minutes" which you can use up. It is a bummer, to get the information that they also reset from some support thread that is nearly one year old.

I've also paid 10$ and then realised a few days later that all the minutes were gone due to new bill period.

While I still think the product is at a good price and will keep using it, I'm disappointed in the poor communication on that page, which could have easily been fixed.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events