Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable downloading or cloning of a public repository - Is it possible

Adam March 11, 2017

I would like to showcase some of the projects that I have worked on and I would like to disable cloning or downloading of the repository if I make it public. Is that possible

Update:

So far one of the approaches suggested involved disabling ssh protocol. Does this mean that I will have to remove my ssh keys ? Also to prevent users from downloading the repo I would have to block  /scm/ URL pattern . blocking user patterns is that possible ? Any help regarding this would be appreciated ...

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2017

You could disable the ssh protocol and block the /scm/ URL pattern but people would still be able to copy and paste... 

Adam March 11, 2017

Thanks that is acceptable. Could you tell me how I can 

1-disable ssh protocol

2-and block the /scm/ URL

could you tell me what the /scm/ url is ?

jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2017

You've put the "bitbucket-server" category on here, which implies that you're hosting your own instance of Bitbucket (rather than using bitbucket.org). If that's the case, then you should be able to restrict access to SSH with a firewall, and there should be some straightforward method to restricting /scm/ URL access. As Daniel mentioned, though, people would still be able to copy and paste.

If you're using Bitbucket Cloud, then this is not possible.

Like Jarrett Goetz likes this
Jarrett Goetz February 9, 2022

@jredmond Anything you know of that's changed with Bitbucket Cloud in order to prevent read-only users from cloning repos?  Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events