Disable Stash plugins when creating Staging environment

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2014

Hi,

I am setting up a staging environment for Stash and wonder how to handle some of the plugins installed in production.

In the production setup we have the Git Mirror Manager plugin installed which synchronizes some of the repos with an external git-server.

My plan is to use the Stash Backup Client when creating the Staging environment as a replica of Production but that will enable the mirror plugin in Staging as well which is not desired.

What would be the recommended path here? I don't feel comfortable starting up the Staging environment with this plugin enabled to disable it post start-up. I would like to disable it before startup, if possible?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

// Svante

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2014

All you need to do is to disable the addon before running the backup client. Once you're done, renable the add on.

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2014

Ok, got it!

But with this solution I need to lock production Stash for the duration of a backup (today approx. 40 minutes)

I would prefer to use my nightly backup (which is good enough for my staging environment) and disable the plugin on file/database level before startup? With this solution there will be no downtime at all.

Possible?

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2014

I have created a feature request for this now. Check out https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/UPM-4548

Until then I will use the solution you suggested.

Thnx!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events