Diffing branches: "This changeset is too large to render. Showing the first 1000 files."

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2014

We just upgraded to Stash 3.0.4. We have a repository that contains ~45000 files and it would be very nice to compare its branches. However, the diff shows the above message and only shows the first 1000 files. Which config parameter do I need to set to increase this limit?

I tried page.max.changes=50000, but this does not seem to be the right one.

(I know this can increase the RAM usage, the server should be able to handle it.)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2014

This is a bug/feature request, will be fixed by Atlassian. (See discussion below.)

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2014

Hi Balazs,

I found a document describing this behavior and presenting a resolution to it: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASHKB/Pull+request+is+too+large+to+render

It contains an additional step to be done for Stash 1.3.0 or older. Please check if this is your case and if this document is helpful.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2014

I am going to try soon.

Side note: this is a bug that should be fixed. I should never need to modify .js files because they are overwritten every time Stash is updated. (The config parameter should work by itself and the .js file should use the value from here instead of redefining it.)

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2014

I tried, no effect. BTW this extra step is for older versions than 1.3.0 and as said above, we have 3.0.4. Did I find a bug?

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2014

Any further suggestions or should I file a bug report?

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2014

Hi Balazs,

There's nothing you can do locally (except modify the js file). I would raise a bug - although it make take a few releases to trickle through to the public.

EDIT: Actually looking at it further I think you can blame me - the value is not being passed from (the correct) global setting 'page.max.changes' to the compare-diff.js JS file (which I wrote). I'll try to ping someone on the Stash team - it's a trivial fix.

Cheers,

Charles

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2014

Hi,

Good to hear you already know a fix. Should I create a bug for it or do you just fix it?

Thanks,

Balazs

Adam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2014

Sadly (for us), Charles doesn't work on Stash anymore. He's just such a good engineer and a great guy that he's still taking ownership of his features. :)

I've created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-5079for us to look at it. It should indeed be a trivial fix.

Cheers,

Adam

Robin Stocker
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2014

I created the following issue for this, with a fix on the way: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-5080

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2014

Now there are two issues for it.

Robin Stocker
Atlassian Team
August 3, 2014

That was my fault, sorry about that. We closed one as a duplicate.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events