It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Difficulty in understanding logs of BitBucket

So guys, i need some help understanding the logs of Bitbucket, more specifically the atlassian-bitbucket-access.log.

I used this link - https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/how-to-read-the-bitbucket-server-log-formats-779171668.html 

From this link, i learnt about how to read the log. But what i understood was that, there is supposed to be a refs call to be made before any operation such as a push, fetch, clone or shadow clone is performed. 

Unfortunately when i look at the logs i have, i find that there are multiple refs calls, but there is no corresponding push, fetch, clone or shadow clone operation to supplement it.

As per my understanding - if there were 2 push, 2 fetch and 2 clone operations being performed, i should have 6 corresponding refs calls (ref advertisements).

But in my logs, i have like 100 refs calls with no corresponding mapped push, fetch, clone or shadow clone operation.

Can someone please help me understand more about these refs calls in these logs? Any help would be duly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Atlassian supported Jenkins integration for Bitbucket Server

We’ve been building a plugin to integrate Bitbucket Server and Jenkins CI, and I’m excited to announce that our alpha is ready to download and install. It lets you seamlessly configure a Jenkins job ...

1,087 views 3 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you