Database access problem

After a restart I am unable to bring stash back up.

Stash version 3.8.0

Database PostgreSQL: 8.4.20

Below is the top of the log errors.  I don't see how to debug this.  BTW, I only have a standalone stash server, I don't know why the error mentions clusterSchedule

How do I debug this?

I have tried restarting postgresql too and it's tables and roles look right.

2015-04-24 13:22:23,091 ERROR [clusterScheduler_Worker-5] com.jolbox.bonecp.ConnectionHandle Database access problem. Killing off all remaining connections in the connection pool. SQL State = 57P01
2015-04-24 13:22:23,133 ERROR [clusterScheduler_Worker-5] c.a.scheduler.core.JobLauncher Scheduled job with ID 'BatchNotificationJobRunner' failed
com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.ActiveObjectsSqlException: There was a SQL exception thrown by the Active Objects library:
Database:
- name:PostgreSQL
- version:8.4.20
- minor version:4
- major version:8
Driver:
- name:PostgreSQL Native Driver
- version:PostgreSQL 9.3 JDBC4.1 (build 1102)

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
at com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.EntityManagedActiveObjects.find(EntityManagedActiveObjects.java:161) ~[na:na]

3 answers

0 votes
Boris Berenberg Community Champion Apr 24, 2015

Hey Mark,

This is definitely an issue where we will need to see your logs. Take a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Raising+a+request+with+Atlassian+Support

0 votes

Hi Mark,

Can you make sure your database is up and running? From the page below:

Looks like your database was brought down. I believe that it was still coming back up and that's why this error on the Stash logs.

Best,
Thiago

Yes, that was it. I was sure I had restarted it before I posted this but then afterward I tried again and it worked fine. Thanks

Hi Mark, I am glad that helped you! Best, Thiago.

See the same issue while installing using MySql with latest version of Stash. But it runs fine afterwards so far.

2015-07-09 23:04:21,248 ERROR [clusterScheduler_Worker-6]  c.a.scheduler.core.JobLauncher Scheduled job with ID 'BatchNotificationJobRunner' failed

com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.ActiveObjectsSqlException: There was a SQL exception thrown by the Active Objects library:

Database:

- name:MySQL

- version:5.1.63-0ubuntu0.10.04.1

- minor version:1

- major version:5

Driver:

- name:MySQL Connector Java

- version:mysql-connector-java-5.1.33 ( Revision: alexander.soklakov@oracle.com-20140908134200-8ukofe1izi0r2b63 )

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'stashdb.AO_92D5D5_USER_NOTIFICATION' doesn't exist

at com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.EntityManagedActiveObjects.find(EntityManagedActiveObjects.java:161) ~[na:na]

at com.atlassian.activeobjects.osgi.TenantAwareActiveObjects.find(TenantAwareActiveObjects.java:323) ~[na:na]

at com.atlassian.stash.internal.notification.batch.dao.AoUserNotificationDao.findAll(AoUserNotificationDao.java:41) ~[na:na]

at com.atlassian.stash.internal.notification.batch.BatchNotificationJob.processWithTime(BatchNotificationJob.java:121) ~[na:na]

at com.atlassian.stash.internal.notification.batch.BatchNotificationJob.processInTimer(BatchNotificationJob.java:100) ~[na:na]

at com.atlassian.stash.internal.notification.batch.BatchNotificationJob.process(BatchNotificationJob.java:93) ~[na:na]

at com.atlassian.stash.internal.notification.batch.BatchNotificationJob.process(BatchNotificationJob.java:80) ~[na:na]

at com.atlassian.stash.internal.notification.batch.BatchNotificationJob$BatchNotificationJobRunner.runJob(BatchNotificationJob.java:256) ~[na:na]

at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.runJob(JobLauncher.java:153) [atlassian-scheduler-core-1.6.0.jar:na]

at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launchAndBuildResponse(JobLauncher.java:118) [atlassian-scheduler-core-1.6.0.jar:na]

at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launch(JobLauncher.java:97) [atlassian-scheduler-core-1.6.0.jar:na]

at com.atlassian.scheduler.quartz2.Quartz2Job.execute(Quartz2Job.java:32) [atlassian-scheduler-quartz2-1.6.0.jar:na]

at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202) [quartz-2.2.1.jar:na]

at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:573) [quartz-2.2.1.jar:na]

... 21 frames trimmed

Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'stashdb.AO_92D5D5_USER_NOTIFICATION' doesn't exist

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_25]

at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:377) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.33-bin.jar:5.1.33]

at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:360) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.33-bin.jar:5.1.33]

at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:978) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.33-bin.jar:5.1.33]

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3887) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.33-bin.jar:5.1.33]

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3823) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.33-bin.jar:5.1.33]

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:2435) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.33-bin.jar:5.1.33]

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2582) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.33-bin.jar:5.1.33]

at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2530) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.33-bin.jar:5.1.33]

at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:1907) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.33-bin.jar:5.1.33]

at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:2030) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.33-bin.jar:5.1.33]

at com.jolbox.bonecp.PreparedStatementHandle.executeQuery(PreparedStatementHandle.java:172) ~[bonecp-spring-0.7.1.RELEASE.jar:0.7.1.RELEASE]

at net.java.ao.EntityManager.find(EntityManager.java:765) ~[na:na]

at net.java.ao.EntityManager.find(EntityManager.java:675) ~[na:na]

at net.java.ao.EntityManager.find(EntityManager.java:584) ~[na:na]

at com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.EntityManagedActiveObjects.find(EntityManagedActiveObjects.java:157) ~[na:na]

... 14 common frames omitted

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Upgrade Best Practices

Hello! My name is Mark Askew and I am a Premier Support Engineer for products Bitbucket Server/Data Center, Fisheye & Crucible. Today, I want to bring the discussion that Jennifer, Matt, and ...

432 views 6 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you