Data Center Minimum system requirements for Bitbucket Data Center

Ian Lavers March 24, 2021

Please can you tell me where I can find the minimum system requirements for installing a Data Center as a single node.? 

Thank you 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Hi @Ian Lavers , 

the minimum requirements are the same than for a Server installation : you only need to update the license key to move from Server to Data Center.

This means that you can have a look at the official documentation for Server : https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/scaling-bitbucket-server-776640073.html

In short, you'll only need a server with Java installed, and a compatible database.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Ian Lavers March 24, 2021

Hi Alexis, that is exactly what I was looking for thank you!

Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2021

Keep in mind that there's an important difference - Windows is not a supported operating system for Data Center, regardless of whether you have a single node with a DC license or an actual cluster.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Like Daniel Eads likes this
Ian Lavers March 25, 2021

Hi Christian,

By windows do you mean the entire Windows Server Range and that Bitbucket Data Center can only run on a Linux Server?

Thanks

Ian

Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2021

Hi Ian,

Yes, that is correct. You can find this at https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/supported-platforms-776640981.html:

Microsoft Windows is not supported for Bitbucket Data Center, or for 500+ user tiers.

The same goes for MySQL by the way, which is also not supported for use with Data Center.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Ian Lavers March 25, 2021

Hi Christian,

Thank you. We have MS SQL Server as the backend database, and all MS Windows servers.

I am investigating the possibility of a Linux server. Currently using Bitbucket Server and will need to transition to Data Center as Cloud is not an option for us.

Many thanks for you help

Ian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events