Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom GoDaddy domain with Bitbucket account

Vsevolod Glumov November 11, 2012

Problem is that GoDaddy uses not only CNAME, but A (host) records too. While CNAME is easy to configure (you just add your bitbucket.org record to the www line of the list, right?) — A (host) requires the record to appear as IP. Bitbucket doesn't provide any IP. When I try to configure Bitbucket side, I get an error, that the domain is pointing to [IP of the A-record].

1 answer

0 votes
PauloP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2012

Hi Vsevolod

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve but regarding the following documentation, I believe that you can't install a personal certificate into a Bitbucket service:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Associate+an+Existing+Domain+with+Your+Account (please refer to HTTPS and CNAMEs)

However, if you're creating a kind of internal redirect, you may use local settings for A records.

Anyway, you always have can raise a new support ticket for further assistance.

Cheers,

Paulo Renato

Vsevolod Glumov November 11, 2012

I just need an IP substitute for the bitbucket.org address (even at the page you linked they use it for the record) since my domain regisrar would let me use only IP addresses.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events