Custom GoDaddy domain with Bitbucket account

Problem is that GoDaddy uses not only CNAME, but A (host) records too. While CNAME is easy to configure (you just add your bitbucket.org record to the www line of the list, right?) — A (host) requires the record to appear as IP. Bitbucket doesn't provide any IP. When I try to configure Bitbucket side, I get an error, that the domain is pointing to [IP of the A-record].

1 answer

Hi Vsevolod

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve but regarding the following documentation, I believe that you can't install a personal certificate into a Bitbucket service:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Associate+an+Existing+Domain+with+Your+Account (please refer to HTTPS and CNAMEs)

However, if you're creating a kind of internal redirect, you may use local settings for A records.

Anyway, you always have can raise a new support ticket for further assistance.

Cheers,

Paulo Renato

I just need an IP substitute for the bitbucket.org address (even at the page you linked they use it for the record) since my domain regisrar would let me use only IP addresses.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use Bitbucket Cloud and Jira Cloud? If so, let us know!

Hi Community, I'm Julia and I'm on the Jira Software Cloud marketing team!  We're looking for companies or teams using Bitbucket Cloud and Jira Software Cloud. If your team fits the t...

151 views 6 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you