Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible - Add Content to Review - Nested branches

Eric Martin October 1, 2012

Hello,

We are finally starting to use Crucible and have run into a question/issue. When adding content to a review (Add Content > Browse Changesets), it appears that we are unable to navigate to or choose a nested branch. For example, we have the following branch structure:

/branches
/team1
/project1
/project2
/team2
/project3
/project4

So, I was wondering if I was doing something wrong, or if it is not supported. If it is the latter, I am curious as to why (best practice, technical constraint, etc.).

We've tossed around the idea of making our branch structure flat (one level), but wanted to investigate further before changing our entire process.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
lpater
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2012

Hi Eric,

While the list of branches in Browse Changesets is indeed flat, you can probably configure Crucible svn handling to use your current repository structure and get branches that are mapped to your directories with names like 'team1-project1' and 'team2-project3'.

To do that you'll have to set up symbolic rules for the svn repository, to tell Crucible what you consider a branch. You can see the details on this feature here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/SVN+tag+and+branch+structure. I believe your repo structure is similar to the 'Example from FishEye customer' one and you could use similar rules.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events