Creating a repository in bitbucket using REST api via SSH?

Sridhar Balasubramanian December 1, 2017

Hi,

We are using bitbucket server in our environment.

I want to know if we can connect to bitbucker server via the REST api to create a repository using SSH.

I was able to do that using Basic Authentication ,but not sure if I can hit the REST api with SSH.

Is this supported? if not , is there a better approach than exposing credentials by using the username and password to get a base64 encoded string and passing it via the Basic authentication to create the repository.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anton Shaleev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Hi Sridhar

Thank you for the question.

Let me start that it's not possible to send REST API requests through SSH because REST API call is an HTTP(S) request by design.

However, it's not possible to create the repositories without sending the credentials it's still possible to perform changes on the repositories using Personal Access Tokens.

Sridhar Balasubramanian December 21, 2017

Thanks for your response. But, personal access tokens seems to for each individual user. I am want to use it as a global one so that it can be used for creating repositories by an admin user either from command line or via a admin ui.

Anton Shaleev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2017

Hi Sridar

You're not the only one who wants tokens for the admin accounts. I've logged a feature suggestion for it BSERV-10482

I would recommend you to share your point with our developers as well so they will be aware of the business cases when the tokens for admin access are desirable.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events