Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Pull Request tasks

Rogerio July 9, 2019

Reading the Bitbucket documentation I found this page where someone seems to be able to create a task. I try to find how could I make it but I didn't found. 

Searching where in the community I found a question where the accepted answer directs the user to install an add-on but its controversial since the documentation says is possible create it from the pull request comments.

The documentation is wrong or outdated ? 

I am using Bitbucket Cloud and I tried the new and old view.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2019

Hi @Rogerio,

Welcome to the Community!

I don't know if this works differently between Cloud and Server (I'm using the server version) but this might help you.

In a pull request, if you make a comment and save it, there should be a link at the bottom of the comment to create a task:

BitBucketPullRequestTasks.JPG

I hope that helps!

-James

Rogerio July 9, 2019

Hey @Jimmy Seddon it worked, thank you for your answer!

Important things to note:

1. Why you are just allowed to create a task after create a comment? Its sound unnatural 

2. The `Create task` just appears in the old view, BTW the new view miss a lot of resources either on Bitbucket and on Jira, ppl on Atlassian are bring a horrible experience on my team with this "new" view, they are removing features we are used with.

Thank you!

BeastPC23616 January 15, 2020

This answer does not work in the new view.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events