Create pull request with given author gives error

n January 17, 2013
Currently the goal is to create pull request autmatically upon each push to origin, if it is not existing. It would be good to set pull request author to other than the one logged into API, but ... the request is not possible in that case. Datastructure used:

{
            'title': 'name for PR here...',
            'reviewers': [{user.username for user in get_required_users()],
            'author': {
                'role': 'AUTHOR',
                'user': {'name': 'bigmacaronnimonster'}
            },
            'toRef': {'id': mainline, 'repository': repository},
            'fromRef': {'id': branch, 'repository': repository}
      }

So, the question could also be - 'Is it possible to do that?'

1 answer

1 vote
jhinch (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2013

Currently there is no way to do this via REST. The author of the pull request will be set to the authenticated user. You could do this via a plugin though by calling create() method on the PullRequestService whilst wrapped in a doAsUser() method call on the SecurityService.

I've created a feature request for exposing the functionality via REST at:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-3005

n January 20, 2013

how big are chances of getting it in Stash 2.1?

jhinch (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2013

For 2.1 basically zero chance (it is due in a little over a week). I probably should have been clearer that it isn't a bug that you are unable to create an author but rather an intentional limitation. One issue is that of permissioning. Who should be allowed you create a pull request on a users behalf?

I've created a feature request for you to share your use case, provide suggestions and to vote on: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-3005

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events