Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create branches at the same time in two/more repositories

Venkatesan_Rethinam October 6, 2016

I am having C# application containing 20 projects in it, all in the same repository.

I am looking to split this into 20 repositories.

I need a standard way for this. Is that correct to split these many projects into many repositories or keep them all in the same repository ?

If we are going to split this to many repositories, how would a developer create a branch in all the repositories in a single click and clone them in all in his machine ?

I am thinking of git commands to create branches.

Is there any option in-built in the Bitbucket ?

Thanks,

R. Venkatesan

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2016

As far as Git/Bitbucket are concerned, repositories are managed separately. If you need it, you'd have to create your own tool to create or checkout a common branch name across multiple repos.

Whether separating your projects into separate repos is the right thing is dependent on a lot of factors related to your projects specifically. By using the term "projects", they SOUND like they should be in separate repositories, but I can't imagine a use case where what I would consider separate projects would need identical branch names checked out in unison.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events