Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could we disable Bitbucket Default Reviewers Plugin ?

Dana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2016

We have our own plugin, which is more detailed. And now we have races in reviewers selector on "page creating pull request".

If our plugin get response on rest after default plugin, we see "our reviewers"  and vice versa.

So, we need to disable default plugin to use our.

1. our plugin response

Screenshot from 2016-07-20 15:55:48.png

2. Default plugin response

Screenshot from 2016-07-20 15:51:59.png

1 answer

2 votes
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2016

You can disable the Bitbucket Default Reviewers Plugin under System in Manage add-ons. This will disable all of the bundled default reviewer functionality. 

Out of curiosity, what features does your custom plugin provide that we're not? Perhaps we can create a feature request for this to improve the built in one.

Dana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2016

We repeat google-owners logic https://www.chromium.org/developers/owners-files, and retrieve reviewers from closest owner file with several optimizations. May be we could try to upstream our plugin?

I see that I could disable Bitbucket Default Reviewers Plugin in "Manage Addons", but also I see Warning that it is not recommended to disable System installed plugins. But seems that this plugin is not very important, so, the question of my topic in other words - Does it safe to disable default-reviewers plugin?

Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2016

I've disabled this plugin in my local instance and so far have not noticed any issues that it causes. I'll follow up internally and double check if there are any further concerns, but I don't believe there will be.

Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
July 20, 2016

Just to confirm - There should be no side effects with disabling this system plugin.

We've also raised https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BSERV-8979 to address this issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events