cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not add id_rsa to my account

josir May 16, 2021

I'm trying to add my public key to my account but I got:

"Someone has already added that key as an access key to a repository"

After digging about this error, I got the way to identify which repositories is using my access key in order to delete it:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bbkb/someone-has-already-registered-that-ssh-key-338365482.html

This deploy key has read access to the following repositories:
josir/spo_26c655_hg
josir/campus_58a443_hg

But I don't have access to this repos anymore (it was mercurial repos that were erased by Atlassian).

How can I fix this without creating a new id_rsa?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2021

Hi @josir ,

These repos still exist in our system, but in an 'Unavailable' state, which I believe is the reason why you cannot add the SSH key to your account.

I can attempt to delete these repos from our side, which would solve the issue, but I would like to ask first whether you would like a backup of these repos?

The support team is still able to provide a backup of Mercurial repos. If you'd like that, I can open a support ticket for you, so that we provide you with a backup and then delete these repos.

Otherwise, if you don't need a backup, let me know and I can attempt the deletion of these repos from our side.

Kind regards,
Theodora

josir December 22, 2021

Hi Theodora, sorry to answer just now. COVID chaos...

Yes, you can delete all this repos. I've done the backup when mercurial was desativated.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2022

Hi @josir,

Thank you for the confirmation. I am not able to delete these repos, so I will create a support ticket for you to check if someone from our development team can help.

You should receive a link to the support ticket within the next few minutes (in case you don't, please feel free to let me know and I can post the ticket url here).

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like josir likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
January 5, 2022

Hi @josir

I actually just found out there is another method/way I can try to delete these repos, so let me give it a try and I'll get back to you.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like josir likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
January 7, 2022

Hi @josir,

I deleted the two Mercurial repos mentioned in your post.

Feel free to let me know if you are able to add the SSH key to your account now and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

josir January 7, 2022

Thanks a lot Theodora!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events