I am trying to use SSH to push a repo to our Bitbucket server for the first time. I am probably missing a step since this is all new to me. If you have any thoughts, let me know.
The error I get is: ssh: connect to host scm.it.mtu.edu port 7999: Connection refused fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Steps I have taken.
On Bitbucket server....
1. Verified SSH enabled, keys enabled, port 7999, and base url=ssh://scm.it.mtu.edu
2. Created project & repo. (empty repo). Project key is EBAP.
3. On the settings>access key of the repo, I copied in the rsa public key. (note: I also tried to adding the public key to the project)
On my pc using Git Bash...
4. Made sure SSH agent running with private key
5. cd to repo
6. $git remote add bitbucket ssh://email@example.com:7999/scm/ebap/(repo)
7. $git push -u bitbucket --all
Note: I was able to push the repo using HTTPS but I want to create a script to push using SSH without having to supply credentials.
Thanks Jim. Bare with me - I don't quite understand why the push would not use rsa key. I guess I thought that any SSH access to the git repos on the bitbucket server from my pc would require a public key added to the server repo.
In terms of my connection refused issue, I spoke to a system administrator and we are thinking that port 7999 is blocked by the load balancer. So the sys admin will be looking into that.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs