Confused about team accounts ...

Pranij Man Shrestha October 21, 2013

Is it that a team account by itself needs a seperate unique email & password; and not the email, login name, password of the members, or the person email, password of the person who created the team ?

Is it possible to login with the username & password of the team, and not the individual's username password ?

Is it possible to login with two different accounts at the same time -- in the same machine with different browsers ?

I would like to create a team account and a separate bitbucket account to make sure the team works but I keep going round and round. I am confused.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2013

Is it that a team account by itself needs a seperate unique email & password; and not the email, login name, password of the members, or the person email, password of the person who created the team ?

Mostly correct. It isn't intended for users to log in as the team. The email requirement is an artefact of the fact that a team is a type of account under the hood. I would advise putting a generic email on it that goes to a group. We don't send notifications to the team email.

Is it possible to login with the username & password of the team, and not the individual's username password ?

It is preferred that you do not. Treat the team like a container. A team contains groups and users. Some of those users have administrative rights. At least 1 is always required.

Is it possible to login with two different accounts at the same time -- in the same machine with different browsers ?

Of course. This is up to you to work out. Different browsers on a machine do not share sessions, so this should be possible between Chrome and Firefox (or other browsers) or in a private browsing session.

I would like to create a team account and a separate bitbucket account to make sure the team works but I keep going round and round. I am confused.

Try doing the following:

1. Go to https://bitbucket.org/account/create-team/ and select team
  2. Enter the team's details
  3. At the bottom, include either your existing Bitbucket account username OR your email address to create a new account
  4. Once you complete the form, you'll receive an invitation in your email to create an individual user account.
  5. Complete the sign-up process by following the link in the email.

From that point on, when you are logged in to your individual account you will see the team listed on your home page. Any repositories you attempt to create will give you the option of creating the repository inside the team account.

For more information about all of these, review the following in our documentation:

Managing a team

Create a repository

A nice chart illustrating the relationship between users, groups and teams

Pranij Man Shrestha October 22, 2013

Thanks for the detail answer. It was helpful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events