Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Pre-Receiving Hook

Akhil_vs March 10, 2017

Hi Team,

I have a requirement where I have to enforce a naming standard to feature branch with an jira issue key. (this is possible via pre hook feature/TEST-\d+.*)
Also it should check whether the issue exist in jira or not. Currently the name standard expression just check the naming, it does not check whether the issue actually exists in jira pr not.

Same should be applicable via UI (like creating a branch via jira or any other git interfaces).

We are trying to acheive this through adaptivist script runner for bit bucket server.

Could you please suggest.

2 answers

1 vote
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2017

Hi Akhil,

We already provide a way to do this in ScriptRunner for Bitbucket Server. It's called "Require commits to be associated with a JIRA issue", there is a pre-receive hook and a merge check version.

You'll need a working application link between JIRA and Bitbucket. If you look into the documentation I linked you to above you'll find out more information on how to configure this.

If you use it in conjunction with the "Naming standard enforcement" hook you should have everything you need.

It requires a lot of code to do this yourself so your best off using the one we provide in the product.

The UI is a bit tricky. We have a "Naming standard enforcement" event handler for that but it does not verify the issue exists in JIRA.

Let us know how you get on with the other one first and I'll provide some code for you to check the issue exists in JIRA from the UI.

Thanks,
Adam 

0 votes
Akhil_vs March 13, 2017

Hi Adam,

I have already tried the above mentioned methods,.Please see the attached screenshots1.PNG2.PNG

Please provide the code to check the issue

adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2017

The condition in "Require commits to be associated with a JIRA issue" looks wrong. It only applies the hook when the condition is true.

You should just remove it completely so the condition always evaluates to true and for every push the branch name is validated with a JIRA issue key.

Please try it again with that approach and you'll see it works, assuming you have a primary JIRA application link setup in Bitbucket.

Let me know how that goes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events