Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Bitbucket 5.4 server.properties

Daniel Mrvos September 27, 2017

To whom it may concern,

I have some problems configuring Bitbucket 5.

I had following setup with Bitbucket 4.14 and Jira 7.3.4. which worked:

Apache toward the internet with https. A single FQDN with context paths, /jira for JIRA Software and /bitbucket for Bitbucket. There are reverse proxies configured for JIRA and Bitbucket. Application links are made between JIRA and Bitbucket. OAuth(Impersination). 

I upgraded to JIRA 7.5.0 and Bitbucket to 5.4. I tried to find a document explaining more thorough how to configure Bitbucket's server.properties.

There were some general, superficial explanations. Now I tried to get some more thorough explanations but all I get is:
Screenshot - 09282017 - 08_31_39 AM.png

When I go to Bitbucket settings and look at the application link the both way communication shows me that the OAuth(Imper) is working normally, but when I go to Jira settings I see a OAuth invalid signature.

Now please send me a thorough parameter explanation of the server.properties configuration so we can fix this and continue to work normally, since we are trying to fix this for the past day.

Regards,

ETC

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2017

Hi Daniel,

Hopefully you're able to access our resources again.  There is a good document on the properties for Bitbucket titled Bitbucket Server config properties.

The first thing I would do is remove the Application Link and re-create it per the Application Links Troubleshooting Guide.  Breaking the link does not lose any data so you won't have to worry about that.

• When you take a look at the JIRA logs what errors do you see in relation to the Application links?

We have a knowledge base article titled OAuth error oauth_problem=signature_invalid that may be of use.  Just in case you're unable to view the Confluence page here is the important information from that article:

The Application URL of the link does not match the URL that the remote application is reporting. This can be caused by:

• The Base URL on the remote application is set to something other than the Application URL defined on the link
  • A reverse proxy or port forwarding is configured, and the "Host" header is reporting the wrong host name or port
  • If you are using NGINX as the reverse proxy and using the proxy_cache directive 

Here is the Resolution:

Base URL

• Ensure the Base URL is correct for each application.

Application URL

• The Application URL should match the Base URL of the other application, unless you're bypassing a reverse proxy.

• If the Application URL does not match the Base URL (and you're not bypassing a reverse proxy) then delete and recreate the Application Link.

Reverse Proxy

• If using a reverse proxy or port forwarding, ensure the application is correctly configured for use with a reverse proxy.

NGINX Reverse Proxy with  proxy_cache directive

• Do not use the proxy_cache directive in the nginx configuration

Hopefully that helps provide clues on where to look and any changes you need to make.

Note: In times where I was unable to access Confluence, I used the cached link to access the page until it came back up:

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 10.54.52 AM.png

Alternatively I have also used the Wayback Machine to find articles that are archived.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events