Commit through REST API

Rad Aniba September 17, 2014

Hi,

I am developing an app based on Stash API, and I noticed that Bitbucket has this feature where you can edit a code or a document online and submit the commit directly to the repo. I want to add that feature in my application so I was wondering if we can do that through the Stash core API, any example will be helpful.

Thanks

3 answers

1 vote
TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2014

Hi Rad,

There is no existing REST API that allows you to do this, but you have a couple of options:

• Extract the API that the Stash Realtime Editor Plugin uses and deploy it to your Stash instance, then use it from your external app.
  • Use Git instead of the REST API. Either invoke native git from your app or something like libgit2 to clone the repository, commit and push back to Stash. 

If you take the second approach, you have the advantage of having a portable app that could work with Bitbucket and other hosting services too smile Hope this helps!

cheers,

Tim

1 vote
Larry Shatzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2014

There is https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.stash.plugin.stash-editor-plugin, but it makes it on a branch, and pull request to merge in the online edit change.

0 votes
Rad Aniba September 17, 2014

Thank you Larry,

I was actually not looking for a plugin but how to do this using the API, because my app is not part of stash, I am extracting code via api and display then using Codemirror instance, and I want to be able to commit back to stash on modification. basically same thing as this plugin but I would like to learn the process from the REST API point of view (and if this is possible) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events