Commit tab dropped from cases following agile integration

Micheal Shallop March 25, 2014

I recently added Agile to our package - which consists of Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket. Prior to adding Agile, commits from IDE were being posted to the JIRA cases without issue.

Since adding Agile, I no longer see the commit tab and commits referencing the case are seen only in the BB commit history.

One of our developers has no issue with posting commits (and time - which I've never been able to be successful at recording via the commit message, e.g.: #time 1h for example). However, he's the only developer on the team that maintained this feature.

We've c&c'd the accounts but can't see what configuration option is making the difference.

Thanks for any guidance and/or help!

tl;dr: commit tab dropped from Jira cases after adding Agile. Cannot post time to cases via commit messages.

1 answer

0 votes
Micheal Shallop March 25, 2014

ok - just found this:

With version 6.2 of Jira OnDemand, the Development tools integration has changed a little bit as noted in the release notes, https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+6.2+Release+Notes. Basically, they moved the content from a tab, to the right side of the page under the heading Development. The section only appears if there were commits made for the ticket in question.

And confirmed that my commits are being tracked to the case.

Leaving the questions:

Why is one developer, then, seeing the commit tab (old-style)?
What do I need to do to record my time-worked in a Jira case from the commit message? Just tested with the last commit using the following syntax:
{CASENUM} #time 4h {COMMIT MSG}
I see the commit posted correctly to the case, but the time was not recorded.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events