Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commit is OK but Pull don´t

Juan Camilo Rincon December 13, 2016

Hello, I'm newbie using git but I think it is awesome. I've been working with Git a couple of months ago without issues. Right now, I don't know what I did wrong and I need help trying to find out how can I solve it. When I commit my code, everything works well. But, when I do pull, nothing happen. No changes are sent it to my remote repository. No error message appears. I'm using Eclipse with EGit and also SmartGit. Both of them act in same way. Nothing happens.

Regards,

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2016

Do you mean push or pull

git pull:

Pulling is the automated version of git fetch. It downloads a branch from a remote repository, then immediately merges it into the current branch. This is the Git equivalent of svn update

git push:

Pushing is the opposite of fetching (with a few caveats). It lets you move a local branch to another repository, which serves as a convenient way to publish contributions. This is like svn commit, but it sends a series of commits instead of a single changeset.

Juan Camilo Rincon December 13, 2016

Hello Timothy: Thank you for your answer. I'm talking about Git Push. Basically, after committing code changes to my local repository, I have an error when I push my code to my Bitbucket remote repository.

jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2016

What does that error message say?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events