Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine accounts or delete account

Ken Williams January 24, 2018

I seem to have two accounts on Bitbucket.org ('ken_williams' and 'kenahoo'), which is causing me some confusion.  My main problem is that notifications for my work projects are going to my personal Gmail account.

I'd like to combine these two accounts, and maintain whatever authorizations (teams, etc.) either account had.

If there's no easy way to do that, I'm okay just deleting one of the accounts and having permissions added back manually - but I'm having trouble with the directions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/delete-your-account-393282324.html , I don't see a "Delete Account" button/link anywhere when I'm logged in.

Advice?

1 answer

2 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2018

Hi Ken, I've checked your 2 Bitbucket accounts:

• 'kenahoo' is associated to a work email address (the same you're using to submit this post).
  • 'ken_williams' is associated to a different work email address and to a Gmail account (as a secondary email address).

Both Bitbucket accounts have access to repos in a Team account. 

The emails shouldn't be going to your Gmail account, as this is only listed as a secondary email address, unless you've set a filter in your inbox for that

At the moment it's not possible to combine Bitbucket accounts. The easier thing would be to decide which one you'd like to keep, make sure you grant it access to all the repos you need and then delete the other one. You said you're having trouble finding the Delete button, here's a screenshot of where to find it:

Delete.png

Please keep in mind that deleting an account is a destructive operation, there's no way to recover an account or its data once it's been deleted, please make sure to save anything you might need.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with :)

Best regards,

Ana

Ken Williams January 25, 2018

Thanks Ana - after I wrote that post, I jiggled my accounts around a little bit so that both accounts had work addresses as their primary address, which is why what you were seeing didn't quite match what I described.

I see the "Delete Account" link now, right where you described it - I'd say that's pretty well camouflaged!

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 9.39.48 AM.png

Thanks.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2018

You're right, it is a bit hidden! Maybe the designers don't want to make it too obvious so people don't click it by accident.

Have a nice evening :)

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events