Clearing out active sessions

Alton Johnson April 2, 2021

I have run across several posts from years ago where they had to ask this question here to get assistance.

I am just simply trying to clear out all active sessions from my personal (not corporate) BitBucket account, but I don't see a way to do that in the web interface.

How do I do this? I hate to say it but this is pretty surprising that there isn't a button for this in this day and age with data breaches occurring left and right, more than ever before. I've gotta be missing something.

2 answers

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2021

Hi @Alton Johnson ,

There are two ways to achieve that:

1. As @Walter Buggenhout already mentioned, you can change your Atlassian account's password via

Bitbucket uses Atlassian accounts for authentication, so by changing your Atlassian account's password, active sessions will be cleared.

2. Alternatively, you can check the devices where you're currently logged in and log out from one or all of them from this page:

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2021

Hi @Alton Johnson,

From this related question it seems users can view their active sessions, but not close them. From that same question it also looks as though you can reach out to Atlassian support to have them closed for you.  

As an alternative from this support article, changing your password is apparently a (maybe somewhat harsh) workaround to close them too.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events