Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check if a branch exists as part of a Scriptrunner pre-receive hook?

RJ Bernau December 1, 2016

If I'm reading the stash documentation right (https://developer.atlassian.com/static/javadoc/stash/3.9.2/api/reference/com/atlassian/stash/repository/Repository.html) it appears that there is no way to get a list of branches or even commits associated with a repository?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2016

You can get the branches and commits in a custom pre-receive hook like so:

import com.atlassian.stash.repository.Repository
import com.atlassian.sal.api.component.ComponentLocator
import com.atlassian.stash.repository.RepositoryMetadataService
import com.atlassian.stash.repository.RepositoryBranchesRequest
import com.atlassian.stash.util.PagedIterable
import com.atlassian.stash.repository.Branch
import com.atlassian.stash.util.PageRequest
import com.atlassian.stash.repository.RefChange
import com.atlassian.stash.util.PageProvider
import com.atlassian.stash.util.Page

def repositoryMetadataService = ComponentLocator.getComponent(RepositoryMetadataService)

def repository = repository as Repository
def refChanges = refChanges as Collection<RefChange>

def request = new RepositoryBranchesRequest.Builder().repository(repository).build()

def branches = new PagedIterable<Branch>(new PageProvider<Branch>() {
    @Override
    Page<Branch> get(PageRequest pageRequest) {
        repositoryMetadataService.getBranches(request, pageRequest)
    }
})

def commits = refChanges.getCommits(repository)

Please note that we stopped supporting Stash some time ago in ScriptRunner for Bitbucket Sever, as Atlassian renamed all the packages when they rebranded to Bitbucket which made it very difficult to support both. I would recommend upgrading if you can to get the latest features.

Hope this helps.

Adam

RJ Bernau December 2, 2016

If it was up to me we would update in December when we go into a change freeze for the holidays, but we're scheduled to upgrade to whatever the latest stable version sometime in Q2 2017 sad Better late than never I guess. Thanks for the help.

adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2016

No problem. Hopefully you will benefit from the new features and bug fixes when you do. We have a page on updating your ScriptRunner scripts to be compatible with Bitbucket here: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/bitbucket/releases/UpgradingToBitbucketServer.html

RJ Bernau December 2, 2016

I'm getting an error when I try to save that script and I can't even find the PageProvider class in the stash API, is there somewhere else I should be looking for these things?

The script could not be compiled:
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
Script119.groovy: 17: unable to resolve class PageProvider 
 @ line 17, column 69.
   h>(new PageProvider() {
                                 ^

Script119.groovy: 18: unable to resolve class Page 
 @ line 18, column 5.
       @Override
       ^

2 errors
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2016

I've updated the example I think you should be able to run it now i've fixed the imports.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events